Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger's videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Cancer-causing viruses in poultry may explain increased risks of death from liver and pancreatic cancers.
I've addressed this topic before. See:
• Poultry and Penis Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/poultry-and-penis-cancer/)
• Wart Cancer Viruses in Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/wart-cancer-virusesin-food/)
• Obesity-Causing Chicken Virus (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/obesity-causing-chicken-virus/)
• Carcinogenic Retrovirus Found in Eggs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carcinogenic-retrovirus-found-in-eggs/)
• Chicken Dioxins, Viruses, or Antibiotics? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chicken-dioxins-viruses-or-antibiotics/)
• Poultry Exposure and Neurological Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/poultry-exposure-and-neurological-disease/)
It's ironic that the meat industry wants to add viruses to meat (Viral Meat Spray, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/viral-meat-spray/) to combat fecal bacterial contamination. I'd take that over their other bright idea any day (Maggot Meat Spray, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/maggot-meat-spray/).
A human wart virus, HPV, can be combated with green tea (Treating Genital Warts with Green Tea, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-genital-warts-with-green-tea/) and plant-based diets in general (Why Might Vegetarians Have Less HPV?, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-might-vegetarians-have-less-hpv/).
Although workers with the most poultry exposure appear to suffer the greatest excess mortality, increased deaths from cancer are also found in other slaughterhouse workers. More on that in the next video Eating Outside Our Kingdom (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eating-outside-our-kingdom).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/poultry-exposure-tied-to-liver-and-pancreatic-cancer/ and he'll try to answer it!
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: www.NutritionFacts.org/donate